International Consumer Rights Protection Council

Action against fake job offer/home based job

Products and services by recruitment company are covered under the Consumer Protection Act.


You can file a complaint if the recruitment company has given you deficient services concerning the following:


1) Charged higher than agreed amount.

2) Did not give a receipt against the paid amount.

3) Did not deliver what was promised.

4) Promised job abroad (if jobs abroad were so easy, he himself would not be rotting his ass running a placement agency in India)

5) Promised a visa for Canada, Australia, USA, Gulf, etc. (No one has authority to give visa except the embassy/consulate)

6) Did not refund your amount when he failed to give you the required job.

7) Did not provide all the documents for clarity of what he is doing.

8) Claimed that he can send you to any foreign country for immigration.

9) Did not give accounts for the expenses against which the company has collected money.

10) And many more..........



If you have grievance against recruiting agency, send a notice to him in writing. Do not worry if he refuses to accept your notice as only proof of sending is required. Send the notice by registered post or Under Postal certificate. Retain the proof of sending. The proof of sending is valid in the Consumer Court Under Section 28A (3) of the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Act of 2002 and will be considered as the notice has been duly served.


File your complaint in the consumer court if the placement agency does not respond to your notice.


Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.

International Consumer Rights Protection Council