International Consumer Rights Protection Council

Complaint against mobile phone service

If you have complaint against mobile phone service or telephone services operator first write a complaint to the customer care of the telephone service provider. Do not make verbal complaints. You should have written proof. You can get the complaint department / customer care contact details of any of the Indian mobile service providers from 

Telecom Consumers Complaint Monitoring System (TCCMS):

If the customer care does not solve your problem, write to their Nodal Officer.

If nodal officer fails to settle the issue, write to the Appellate Authority.

The contact details of the above three have to be mandatory mentioned in the website of all the telephone service providers. Hence, visit their website, find their email / address and write to them.

If you fail to get your grievance settled by writing to the above three authorities, you can then write to-  





Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan,
(next to Zakir Hussain College)
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg
(Old Minto Road)

New Delhi : 110 002


Tel: 011-2323 6308, 2323 3466, 2322 0534, 2321 3223

Fax: 91-11-2321 3294


Visit their website:




Department of Administrative Reforms And Public Grievances

Sardar Patel Bhawan
Sansad Marg
New Delhi - 110 001


Visit their website:


From drop down list you have to select Department of Telecommunications






If your issue is not settled after writing to all the above authorities, you can contact ICRPC with your complaint and with copies of letters addressed to all the above authorities. We will help you to file a case in the consumer court. To know the procedure for filing complaint with ICRPC, send a request to 



NOTE: Please note that ICRPC will not entertain any complaint against the telephone service provider unless you have written to all the above authorities and submitted the proof of the same. Therefore, write to ICRPC only after writing to the above authorities and after not getting any favorable response from them.





Copyright 2002. All rights reserved.

International Consumer Rights Protection Council